Try this one-pot spicy sausage pasta recipe! It’s packed with savory flavors and comes together in just 30 minutes. Plus, since everything cooks in one pot, clean-up is a breeze.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz. dried penne pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned and cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano to the pot with the sausage. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft and fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the dried penne pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and let the pasta cook for about 15 minutes, or until it’s tender and the sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Enjoy!