Looking for a quick and delicious dinner idea that won’t leave you with a pile of dishes to clean up? This one-pot cheesy pasta bake is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something satisfying and comforting without spending hours in the kitchen.
- 1 lb. pasta (penne, fusilli, or any other short pasta)
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven, combine the pasta, marinara sauce, water, and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the parmesan cheese until melted and combined.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the pasta and transfer the skillet or Dutch oven to the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.