Try this one-pot cheesy chicken and rice recipe! It’s a flavorful and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any night of the week. Plus, with only one pot to clean up, it’s an easy cleanup too. Let’s get started!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Add the uncooked rice to the pot and stir to combine with the chicken.
- Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes, and stir everything together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Let the chicken and rice simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious and cheesy chicken and rice recipe with minimal clean up!