With just a few ingredients, you can whip up a dish that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch.
- 8 oz. of penne pasta
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce, tossing until the pasta is coated evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves (optional) and serve hot.