Are you looking for a simple and delicious meal to make on a busy weeknight? Look no further than this one-pot chicken and rice recipe! With just a handful of ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a satisfying dinner on the table in no time. Plus, with everything cooked in one pot, cleanup is a breeze. This recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your meal rotation.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the uncooked rice to the skillet and stir to coat with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, nestling it into the rice mixture.
- Cover the skillet and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
Enjoy your one-pot chicken and rice meal, and don’t forget to save the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!