Achieve an ultra-moist chocolate chip banana bread with a scoop of sour cream. This one bowl recipe just requires a few ingredients you likely have in your kitchen already.
Yield: Makes 1 (9×5-inch) loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes to 1 hour
- Cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 very ripe large bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter in the microwave or on the stove. Mash 3 bananas in a large bowl with a fork or potato masher until smooth (1 to 1 1/4 cups mashed banana). Stir in the butter, 1 large egg, 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup canola oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Stir with a rubber spatula until just incorporated but no dry spots remain. Measure 3/4 cup chocolate chips, then remove and reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Fold the remaining chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with the reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, with a few moist crumbs attached, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then flip the bread out of the pan onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing.
Source: the Kitchn