Buttered noodles are an easy go-to recipe for quick lunches or dinners. Just use a few ingredients you likely already have on hand! Serve along with chicken, steak or pork chops.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning, divided
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the noodles: Heat 2 quarts of water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a large pot on high heat until boiling. Add the egg noodles. Cook for 5 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and drain the noodles.
- Add the butter, cheese, parsley: Place the drained hot noodles in a large bowl. Add the butter and Parmesan and stir until the butter has melted. Stir in a tablespoon or two of the pasta cooking water. Stir in the chopped parsley. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Source: Simply Recipes