Coffee smoothies are like a frosty mocha shake, just without the ice cream. It’s sweet enough to deliver a mellow coffee flavor with a chocolate undertone from the cocoa powder. It has all the protein and healthy fats to fill you up in the morning with plenty of nourishing ingredients. This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking with extra protein powders or plant-based milks.
Prep time: 5 mins
Soak time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serving: 1 serving
Yield: 1 (16-ounce) smoothie
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cold brew or cold strong coffee
- 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large pitted Medjool date
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 ice cubes
- Hydrate the chia seeds: Combine the chia seeds and milk in the blender carafe. Let it sit for 10 minutes so the seeds absorb some of the milk and soften, making for a creamier blended drink.
- Add the other ingredients: Add the coffee, banana chunks, almond butter, vanilla extract, Medjool date, cocoa powder, and ice to the blender.
- Blend ingredients and serve: Start the blender on low speed and gradually increase the speed until everything blends into a creamy, smooth consistency. Be sure to scrape down the sides and run the blender again as needed.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Source: Simply Recipes