This recipe is a quick and delicious way to enjoy a comforting bowl of pasta. With only one pot to clean up, it’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to make a satisfying dinner without spending too much time in the kitchen. The creamy sauce is made with chicken broth and grated Parmesan cheese, and the mushrooms add a nice earthy flavor. Let’s get cooking!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces dried pasta
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the mushrooms have released their liquid, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the pasta, chicken broth, and cooked chicken to the pot. Stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the pasta simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!