Are you craving a juicy and flavorful pulled pork sandwich? Look no further than this tangy and sweet slow cooker pulled pork recipe. The slow cooking process ensures the meat is tender and moist, while the combination of tangy and sweet flavors creates a delicious and memorable taste. Plus, it’s a great meal to make for a crowd or to have leftovers for the next few days. Let’s get cooking!
- 3-4 pounds of pork shoulder roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Buns for serving
- Place the sliced onion in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season the pork shoulder roast with salt and pepper and place it on top of the onions.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the pork in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Strain the sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the shredded pork and mix well.
- Serve the pulled pork hot on buns, and enjoy!