Cooking can be a hassle, especially if you have limited time or are not fond of doing dishes. This one-pot pasta recipe with a twist is a game-changer. It is quick, easy, and requires minimal cleanup. Plus, it’s a great way to switch up your usual pasta routine with an unexpected ingredient.
- 1 pound of pasta (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, dried basil, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add the pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Add the can of chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This pasta recipe with a twist is a great option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Plus, the addition of chickpeas provides a protein-packed and filling meal. Give it a try and see how it can become a new staple in your recipe collection.