If you’re looking for a simple and satisfying dinner recipe that’s bursting with flavor, look no further than this delicious homemade pasta with garlic and olive oil. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal prep work, you can whip up a delicious and impressive meal that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Plus, making your own pasta from scratch is easier than you might think and adds a special touch that will make your guests feel extra special.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and a pinch of salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and crack the eggs into it.
- Using a fork, slowly start to incorporate the flour into the eggs until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, use a pasta roller or rolling pin to roll it out into thin sheets. Cut the sheets into the desired shape, such as fettuccine or spaghetti.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat with the garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.