If you’re looking for a delicious and savory Asian-inspired recipe, look no further than these teriyaki chicken skewers! The tender and juicy chicken is marinated in a homemade teriyaki sauce and then grilled to perfection. Serve these skewers as an appetizer or main dish at your next gathering for a flavor-packed dish that everyone will love.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper to make the teriyaki sauce.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the bamboo skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions and sesame seeds if desired.