Looking for a new and exciting Chinese recipe to add to your culinary repertoire? Try these crispy fried wontons filled with a savory pork mixture. These delicious bite-sized treats are perfect as an appetizer or snack and are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. While the process of making wontons can be a bit time-consuming, the end result is well worth it. Follow these simple steps to create a delicious and impressive dish that will leave everyone asking for more.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, green onions, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- To assemble the wontons, place a teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Use your finger to wet the edges of the wrapper with water, then fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle. Press the edges to seal.
- Heat 1-2 inches of vegetable oil in a large pot or wok over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the wontons in batches and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the wontons from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the wontons hot with sweet chili sauce for dipping.