Get ready to indulge in the aromatic flavors of Hindi cuisine with this mouthwatering Kadai Paneer recipe. Known for its bold and spicy profile, this dish features succulent paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cooked in a rich and flavorful tomato-based gravy. The combination of aromatic spices, vibrant bell peppers, and tender paneer creates a truly satisfying and delectable experience. Whether you’re a fan of Indian cuisine or looking to explore the vibrant flavors of Hindi cooking, this Kadai Paneer recipe is a must-try. Brace yourself for a culinary adventure that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Let’s dive into the world of Hindi flavors and elevate your dining experience to new heights.
- 250 grams paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, pureed
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a kadai or deep skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Cook for a minute until the raw aroma disappears.
- Add the tomato puree and cook until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Now, add the crushed coriander seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cubed paneer and bell peppers to the kadai. Stir gently to coat them with the masala.
- Sprinkle garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves over the mixture. Give it a final stir.
- Cover the kadai with a lid and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend together.
- Once done, garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve the delicious Kadai Paneer hot with naan, roti, or steamed rice.