A fun and tasty way to make individual apple pies that are perfect for a sweet snack or dessert. The mini size also makes them great for sharing with friends and family!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 4-5 tablespoons cold water
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out circles from the dough.
- Press each circle into a muffin tin.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped apples, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spoon the apple mixture into each muffin tin.
- Place small pieces of butter on top of the apple mixture.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips.
- Place the strips over the apple mixture in a lattice pattern.
- Brush the tops of the pies with beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Use a fork to gently remove each mini pie from the muffin tin.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Mini Apple Pies!