Looking for a hearty and flavorful dish to warm you up on a chilly evening? Look no further than this smoky sweet potato black bean chili recipe! Packed with nutritious ingredients like sweet potatoes and black beans, this recipe is bursting with flavor from smoky chipotle peppers, cumin, and chili powder. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking for a meatless meal, this chili is sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced sweet potato to the pot and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes and the can of black beans. Add the vegetable broth, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and minced chipotle pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is fully cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious smoky sweet potato black bean chili!