Looking for a quick and tasty Asian-inspired meal? This Beef Stir Fry recipe is just what you need! Tender strips of beef are tossed with a medley of colorful veggies and a savory sauce that packs a flavorful punch. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want something satisfying but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
- 1 pound of beef sirloin, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger, onion, and bell peppers to the same pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Add the beef back to the pan along with the sauce mixture. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and the beef and veggies are coated.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.