If you’re a fan of Asian cuisine, you won’t want to miss this spicy and flavorful chicken pad Thai recipe! This dish combines tender chicken with rice noodles, vegetables, and a tangy sauce that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. While it may seem complicated, this recipe is actually quite simple and easy to make.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 10-15 minutes, or until they soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sriracha sauce.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken strips to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Push the chicken to one side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the other side.
- Scramble the eggs until they are cooked through.
- Add the softened rice noodles to the skillet and pour the sauce over everything.
- Toss the noodles, chicken, and eggs with the sauce until everything is well-coated.
- Add the bean sprouts and chopped green onions to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the chopped peanuts over everything.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side.