Looking for a new and exciting dish to try out in the kitchen? Why not try out this spicy Korean stir-fried squid recipe? Squid may not be the most common ingredient, but it’s a tasty and nutritious seafood that pairs perfectly with Korean flavors. With a little bit of heat and a lot of flavor, this dish is sure to be a hit with your taste buds.
- 1 pound squid, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the gochujang, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to make the marinade.
- Add the squid to the marinade and toss to coat. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the squid and marinade to the pan and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the squid is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped scallions if desired.