If you’re looking for a delicious and unique side dish for your next BBQ or dinner party, try this sweet and spicy grilled pineapple recipe. The combination of sweet juicy pineapple with a spicy kick of chili powder is sure to impress your guests. Plus, it’s a simple and easy dish to prepare that can be made on the grill or stovetop. Let’s get started!
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lime juice for serving
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Cut the peeled and cored pineapple into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the pineapple slices with the honey-spice mixture on both sides.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until grill marks appear and the pineapple is caramelized.
- Remove the pineapple from the grill and place on a serving platter. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot as a side dish or as a topping for grilled meats.