If you’re looking to spice up your weeknight dinners, this Pakistani Tandoori Chicken Tikka recipe is perfect for you! Marinated in a blend of aromatic spices and yogurt, this dish is a classic favorite among Pakistani cuisine lovers. Our recipe has a spicy twist that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Let’s get started!
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, tandoori masala, red chili powder, paprika, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chicken cubes to the bowl and mix until the chicken is fully coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thread the chicken cubes onto the wooden skewers and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked, turning once halfway through. Serve hot with some mint chutney on the side.