Embark on a culinary adventure to Uruguay with this mouthwatering recipe for the iconic Chivito sandwich. Considered a national treasure, the Chivito is a hearty and flavorful sandwich that will satisfy even the most discerning taste buds. Layered with tender beef, ham, melted cheese, and topped with a variety of toppings such as lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise, this sandwich offers a burst of textures and flavors that will transport you to the vibrant streets of Uruguay.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Season the beef tenderloin steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they reach your desired level of doneness. Remove from heat and let them rest for a few minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, toast the hamburger buns on a grill or in a toaster until lightly golden.
- Assemble the Chivito sandwiches by spreading mayonnaise and ketchup on the bottom halves of the buns.
- Place a slice of ham on each bun, followed by a cooked steak, a slice of mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato slices, and boiled egg slices.
- Top with the other half of the bun and press lightly to hold everything together.
- Serve the Chivito sandwiches warm and enjoy the delicious flavors of Uruguay in every bite.