Customer Support Hub
COS-2413ORM1SS Microwave Vent Fan Troubleshooting
The fan does not turn on
- Check that the power cord is plugged in, and that the outlet is functional.
- Check that the microwave oven is functional.
- Press the “HI-LO-OFF” button once to turn the fan on to high.
- If the fan still does not turn on, contact support or a qualified technician for further troubleshooting and diagnosis.
The fan is making a loud noise while in operation
- The most common cause of this issue is shipping tape being present on top of the damper flaps, preventing them from opening properly. To check that the damper flaps are working properly, follow the steps below:
- Unplug your unit
- Remove the ductwork from the top of the microwave.
- Pull on the damper flaps with your hands to make sure they are not stuck in place, and that any tape or other debris is removed from their path.
- If the issue persists, please look for any other blockage in the duct, or any external dampers that are not opening properly.
- Feel for any abnormal vibration while in use. This can be a sign of an unbalanced fan.
- If the issue is not resolved, record a brief video of the sound and send it to support at email@example.com. This will allow us to properly diagnose your microwave vent and submit your warranty claim if necessary.