Q: What if my question isn’t listed here?
A: General FAQs
Q: How do I set the time of day on my range hood?
A: To set the clock on your range hood (digital units only):
- Hold the timer button for 3 seconds.
- Use the light button to set minutes.
- Use the fan speed button to set the hours.
- Once the time is set to the correct time of day, press the timer button again to complete.
- Allow the unit to sit for 5 seconds without using any controls for the clock to finish setting.
Q: How do I set a shut-off timer on my range hood?
A: To set the shut-off timer on your range hood (digital units only):
- Turn the fan on and set to the desired speed.
- Press the timer button.
- Continue pressing the timer button until the desired shut-off time is displayed.
- After setting the timer, allow the unit to sit for 5 seconds without using any controls for the timer to finish setting.
- The fan will shut off automatically when the timer ends.
Q: Why does my power button flash when I press it while the fan is on?
A: Pressing the power button a single time while the fan is running activates a 60-second auto-shutoff timer. To cancel the timer and shut the fan off immediately, simply press the power button a second time.
Q: How do I change my clock to/from a 24h format?
A: Your range hood does not have the ability to change time formats.
Q: How do I convert my unit to ductless?
A: To convert your unit to a ductless operation and recirculate the air back into the room:
- Purchase the necessary carbon filter kit found online at www.cosmoappliances.com/product-category/parts-and-accessories/range-hood-parts/filters/. This filter is not included with your purchase and must be purchased separately, unless you purchased a unit with the suffix “-DL” after your model number.
- Remove the stainless baffle filters on your range hood.
- Install the carbon filters by pressing them against the motor, one at a time, and twisting clockwise. They will create a tight seal.
- For island mount range hoods:
- Ensure that the slotted holes on the upper chimney cover are exposed.
- The air will recirculate back into the room through these holes.
Q: How do I separate my chimney covers in half for installation?
A: Your chimney covers will only separate if your unit’s serial number begins with 2016, 2017, or 2018. Serial numbers that start with the model number do not have separable chimneys and will need to be installed with that in mind.