- COS-244AGC Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-244AGC LP Conversion
- COS-244AGC LP Conversion Table
- Adjust COS-244AGC Regulator for LP Gas
- Adjust COS-244AGC Oven Burners for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-244AGC Cooktop Burners
- COS-244AGC Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-244AGC Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-244AGC Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-244AGC Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-244AGC FAQ
- COS-965AG Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-965AG LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-965AG Regulator for LP Gas
- Adjust COS-965AG Oven Burners for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-965AG Cooktop Burners
- COS-965AG Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-965AG Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-965AG Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-965AG Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-965AG FAQ
- COS-965AGC Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-965AGC LP Conversion
- COS-965AGC LP Conversion Table
- Adjust COS-965AGC Regulator for LP Gas
- Adjust COS-965AGC Oven Burners for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-965AGC Cooktop Burners
- COS-965AGC Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGC Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGC Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGC Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-965AGC FAQ
- COS-965AGF Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-965AGF LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-965AGF Regulator for LP Gas
- Adjust COS-965AGF Oven Burners for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-965AGF Cooktop Burners
- COS-965AGF Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGF Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGF Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGF Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-965AGF FAQ
- COS-965AGFC Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-965AGFC LP Conversion
- COS-965AGFC LP Conversion Table
- Adjust COS-965AGFC Regulator for LP Gas
- Adjust COS-965AGFC Oven Burners for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-965AGFC Cooktop Burners
- COS-965AGFC Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGFC Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGFC Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-965AGFC Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-965AGFC FAQ
- COS-EPGR304 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-EPGR304 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-EPGR304 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-EPGR304 Cooktop Burners
- COS-EPGR304 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR304 Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR304 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR304 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-EPGR304 FAQ
- COS-EPGR366 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-EPGR366 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-EPGR366 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-EPGR366 Cooktop Burners
- COS-EPGR366 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR366 Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR366 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR366 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-EPGR366 FAQ
- COS-EPGR486G Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-EPGR486G LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-EPGR486G Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-EPGR486G Cooktop Burners
- COS-EPGR486G Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR486G Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR486G Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-EPGR486G Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-EPGR486G FAQ
- COS-GRP304 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-GRP304 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-GRP304 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-GRP304 Cooktop Burners
- COS-GRP304 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP304 Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP304 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP304 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-GRP304 FAQ
- COS-GRP366 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-GRP366 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-GRP366 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-GRP366 Cooktop Burners
- COS-GRP366 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP366 Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP366 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP366 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-GRP366 FAQ
- COS-GRP486G Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-GRP486G LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-GRP486G Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-GRP486G Cooktop Burners
- COS-GRP486G Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP486G Gas Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP486G Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-GRP486G Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-GRP486G FAQ
- COS-305DFSC Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-305DFSC LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-305DFSC Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-305DFSC Cooktop Burners
- COS-305DFSC Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-305DFSC Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-305DFSC Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-305DFSC Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 240V
- COS-305DFSC FAQ
- COS-DFR304 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-DFR304 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-DFR304 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-DFR304 Cooktop Burners
- COS-DFR304 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR304 Electric Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR304 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR304 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 240V
- COS-DFR304 FAQ
- COS-DFR366 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-DFR366 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-DFR366 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-DFR366 Cooktop Burners
- COS-DFR366 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR366 Electric Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR366 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR366 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 240V
- COS-DFR366 FAQ
- COS-DFR486G Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-DFR486G LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-DFR486G Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-DFR486G Cooktop Burners
- COS-DFR486G Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR486G Electric Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR486G Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-DFR486G Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 240V
- COS-DFR486G FAQ
- COS-F965 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-F965 LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-F965 Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-F965 Cooktop Burners
- COS-F965 Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-F965 Electric Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-F965 Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-F965 Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 240V
- COS-F965 FAQ
- COS-F965NF Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-F965NF LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-F965NF Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-F965NF Cooktop Burners
- COS-F965NF Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-F965NF Electric Oven Troubleshooting
- COS-F965NF Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-F965NF Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 240V
- COS-F965NF FAQ
- COS-668ICS750 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-668ICS750 Quick Start Video Guide
- COS-668ICS750 Installation Video Guide
- COS-668ICS750 Uninstall Video Guide
- COS-668ICS750 Troubleshooting Video Guide
- COS-668ICS750 Motor Troubleshooting
- COS-668ICS750 Controls Troubleshooting
- COS-668ICS750 LED Lights Troubleshooting
- COS-668ICS750 FAQ
- COS-668ICS900 Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-668ICS900 Quick Start Video Guide
- COS-668ICS900 Installation Video Guide
- COS-668ICS900 Uninstall Video Guide
- COS-668ICS900 Troubleshooting Video Guide
- COS-668ICS900 Motor Troubleshooting
- COS-668ICS900 Controls Troubleshooting
- COS-668ICS900 LED Lights Troubleshooting
- COS-668ICS900 FAQ
- COS-640STX-E Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-640STX-E LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-640STX-E Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-640STX-E Cooktop Burners
- COS-640STX-E Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-640STX-E Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-640STX-E Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-640STX-E FAQ
- COS-850SLTX-E Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-850SLTX-E LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-850SLTX-E Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-850SLTX-E Cooktop Burners
- COS-850SLTX-E Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-850SLTX-E Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-850SLTX-E Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-850SLTX-E FAQ
- COS-950SLTX-E Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-950SLTX-E LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-950SLTX-E Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-950SLTX-E Cooktop Burners
- COS-950SLTX-E Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-950SLTX-E Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-950SLTX-E Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-950SLTX-E FAQ
- COS-VA-S950M Help Docs Table of Contents
- COS-VA-S950M LP Conversion
- Adjust COS-VA-S950M Regulator for LP Gas
- Calibrate COS-VA-S950M Cooktop Burners
- COS-VA-S950M Gas Cooktop Troubleshooting
- COS-VA-S950M Gas Installation Troubleshooting
- COS-VA-S950M Electrical Installation Troubleshooting - 120V
- COS-VA-S950M FAQ
General Range Hood FAQ
Q: Does my range hood come with a manufacturer’s warranty?
A: This range includes a 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty with your new purchase from an authorized retailer. To view a list of authorized retailers, please visit www.cosmoappliances.com/locations.
Q: Where can I find the warranty terms for this product?
A: The warranty terms are available online at www.cosmoappliances.com/warranty. Your unit is covered for parts only for 3 years from the date of purchase.
Q: What do I do if my unit arrives with parts missing?
A: Contact support as soon as possible for replacements of any missing parts. Replacement requests may be denied if they are not reported within 30 days of delivery.
Q: Where do I find the model and/or serial number on my range hood?
A: Both the model and the serial numbers can be found on the box, or during/after installation by removing the metal filters on the bottom of the range hood and locating the manufacturing information on the sticker inside the unit. If the serial number field is empty, the serial number will be next to this sticker on a separate, small barcode sticker.
Q: Do you carry chimney extensions for wall mount or island mount range hoods for high ceilings?
A: All chimney extensions can be found online at www.cosmoappliances.com/product-category/parts-and-accessories/range-hood-parts/chimney-extensions/. The exact extension depends on your unit’s serial number and can reach up to a 10 or 11-foot ceiling depending on your model and serial number.
Q: Do you sell chimneys or trim kits for vaulted ceilings?
A: We do not currently produce or sell trim kits or chimneys for vaulted or angled ceilings.
Q: Can I install my range hood hard-wired?
A: Our range hoods come with a factory-installed 3-prong, grounded plug that must be used with an appropriate 3-wire wall outlet. We do not recommend hard-wiring your range hood.
Q: Can I install my range hood in an outdoor kitchen?
A: Our range hoods are not rated or recommended for outdoor use, even in covered patios. The excess heat produced by outdoor grills will wear out the internal components of your range hood quickly and may void your warranty.
Q: What is the maximum duct length I can run to the outside?
A: The duct length should not exceed 12.5 feet with one 90-degree elbow. If the duct length or number of elbows is increased beyond this point, you may not reach the advertised CFM; the performance and suction will be adversely affected.
Q: Can I change the lighting on my range hood?
A: Many of our units do not have upgradeable lighting. You can purchase 3500K color upgrade lights for newer versions of our wall mount, island mount (excluding COS-HAF859), and under-cabinet (excluding COS-5U30, COS-5MU30, COS-5MU36, and COS-18U48) range hoods at www.cosmoappliances.com/product-category/parts-and-accessories/range-hood-parts/lights/.
Q: Why is my unit white or blue instead of stainless steel/gray?
A: Most of our range hoods ship with a thick, opaque protective film that may resemble paint. Using your fingernail, begin peeling the film from an edge or from around the display. The stainless steel will begin to show through, and will be revealed completely once the film has been entirely removed.
Q: Why is my range hood making a loud noise when I turn on the fan?
A: The most common cause of this issue is shipping tape being present on top of the damper flaps, preventing them from opening properly.
- To check that the damper flaps are working properly, follow the steps below:
- Unplug your unit
- Remove the ductwork from the top of the hood.
- Pull on the damper flaps with your hands to make sure they are not stuck in place, and that any tape or other debris is removed from their path.
- Remove the damper flaps one at a time and attempt to spin the fan with your hand, or using a long tool such as a screwdriver.
- If the issue persists, please look for any other blockage in the duct, or any external dampers that are not opening properly.
- Feel for any abnormal vibration while in use. This can be a sign of an unbalanced fan.
- Ensure that the correct duct size is being used according to the required specifications in the installation manual. If the duct size has been reduced, it will negatively affect both the suction power and noise level of the range hood.
- The grease filters may be clogged or dirty.
- Thoroughly clean or replace the baffle filters.
- If the issue is not resolved, record a brief video of the sound and send it to support at email@example.com. This will allow us to properly diagnose your range hood and suggest any replacement parts if necessary.
Q: How can I replace the lights on my range hood?
A: Lights can be purchased directly from us by calling us at 1-888-784-3108, or by sending an email along with your model number, serial number, and light(s) needed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How can I clean the filters on my range hood?
A: Permanent, stainless steel baffle filters are dishwasher safe but can also be hand washed using warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Aluminum mesh filters should be hand washed only with warm, soapy water and replaced if they become too dirty or clogged. Carbon filters cannot be washed and should be replaced every 4-6 months depending on usage.
Q: My baffle filters are missing an insert to filter the air. Can you send me a replacement?
A: The permanent baffle filters included with your range hood do not use an insert. They use the high speed of the air, along with Arc-Flow technology to trap grease and oil in the crevices of the filter. Carbon filters are additional and only required for ductless operation.
Q: I want to use my UC30, UMC30, QS-series, or QB-series range hood as ductless. How do I close the air vent on top of the range hood?
A: The air vent on top of your range hood must be left open to properly vent the air from your cooktop. You will need to cut an appropriately sized hole in your cabinet as the range hood will recirculate the air through your cabinet doors. There is no rear or front-venting option for these models.
Q: How can I clean my range hood?
A: We recommend cleaning your range hood mild soap mixed with warm water applied to a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. You can also use stainless steel polish or cleaner intended for stainless steel appliances. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use.