Q: What if my question isn’t listed here?
A: General FAQs
Q: How do I set the time of day on my range hood?
A: To set the clock on your range hood (digital units only):
- Hold the timer button for 3 seconds.
- Use the light button to set minutes.
- Use the fan speed button to set the hours.
- Once the time is set to the correct time of day, press the timer button again to complete.
- Allow the unit to sit for 5 seconds without using any controls for the clock to finish setting.
Q: How do I set a shut-off timer on my range hood?
A: To set the shut-off timer on your range hood (digital units only):
- Turn the fan on and set to the desired speed.
- Press the timer button.
- Continue pressing the timer button until the desired shut-off time is displayed.
- After setting the timer, allow the unit to sit for 5 seconds without using any controls for the timer to finish setting.
- The fan will shut off automatically when the timer ends.
Q: Why does my power button flash when I press it while the fan is on?
A: Pressing the power button a single time while the fan is running activates a 60-second auto-shutoff timer. To cancel the timer and shut the fan off immediately, simply press the power button a second time.
Q: How do I change my clock to/from a 24h format?
A: Your range hood does not have the ability to change time formats.
Q: How do I convert my unit to ductless?
A: To convert your unit to a ductless operation and recirculate the air back into the room:
- Purchase the necessary carbon filter kit found online at www.cosmoappliances.com/product-category/parts-and-accessories/range-hood-parts/filters/. This filter is not included with your purchase and must be purchased separately, unless you purchased a unit with the suffix “-DL” after your model number.
- Remove the stainless baffle filters on your range hood.
- Install the carbon filters by pressing them against the motor, one at a time, and twisting clockwise. They will create a tight seal.
- For island mount range hoods:
- Ensure that the slotted holes on the upper chimney cover are exposed.
- The air will recirculate back into the room through these holes.
Q: How do I separate my chimney covers in half for installation?
A: Your chimney covers do not separate and will need to be installed with that in mind. The minimum height of the unit is 30.75”, accounting for this fact.