Customer Support Hub
COS-FDR225RHSS-G Refrigerator Troubleshooting
My refrigerator door(s) are not sealing properly
- Check for and remove any foreign materials on the door seal, such as dust, liquids, food particles, etc.
- Open the refrigerator and remove any items that may be blocking the doors’ closure.
- Ensure that the refrigerator and doors are completely level.
There is condensation forming on the outside of my refrigerator.
- Condensation forming on the exterior surface and door seals of the refrigerator is normal when the ambient humidity is high enough. Wipe the condensation off with a clean towel as needed.
The refrigerator does not turn on
- Check that the voltage and amperage is appropriate for this unit, and that the outlet is tested for full functionality.
- Check if the circuit breaker has been tripped. Reset if necessary.
My refrigerator is displaying an error code. What does it mean?
- E1 – The refrigerator’s temperature sensor has failed.
- E2 – The freezer’s temperature sensor has failed.
- E5 – The freezer’s defrost sensor has encountered an error.
- E6 – Communication error.
- E7 – The ambient temperature sensor has encountered an error.
- EH – The humidity sensor has encountered an error.
- E0 – The ice maker has encountered an error.
- Reset the refrigerator by unplugging it or switching off the breaker for 5 minutes, then turn it back on.
- If the error code persists, contact support or a qualified technician for further troubleshooting and diagnosis.