Customer Support Hub
COS-305AERC Cooktop Troubleshooting
My cooktop burners will not turn on
- The fuse may be blown or the circuit breaker may have been tripped.
- Replace the fuse and/or reset the circuit breaker.
- If the problem continues, contact support or a qualified electrician.
- Have the electrician check your power supply. Electrical Installation Troubleshooting.
My cooktop burners turn on but are under-heating or overheating
- Improper cookware may be in use.
- Use flat-bottomed cookware for best heat conduction and energy efficiency. Cookware with rounded, warped, ribbed or dented bottoms may cause uneven heating and poor cooking results. Determine flatness by placing the straight edge of a ruler across the bottom of the cookware. While you rotate the ruler, no space or light should be visible between it and the cookware. Cookware designed with slightly indented bottoms or small expansion channels may be used.
- Verify that the power source is appropriate for your unit: Electrical Installation Troubleshooting.
- Wait for the unit to cool, and clean the unit according to the cleaning instructions in your user manual. General cleaning. Food particles or other debris may affect the performance of the coil burners.
For additional troubleshooting, see page 42 in the user’s manual or click here.